Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Triumvirate and Political Life

Pompey The Great

Crassus
Julius Caesar

Greetings. I will talk about what just passed because I came few times with my busy life. I was in political trouble in 59 BC. The Senate hated powerful individuals like me, so I joined an alliance with Crassus, a very wealthy friend of mine and my fellow consul in 70 BC, and Julius Caesar, a friend and current consul at this time. I became the most important individual in Rome, building Rome's first stone theater. 
Pompey's Theater
Crassus and I were re-elected as consuls in 55BC. I became famous and when Clodius was murdered, I was sole consul in 52 BC. Many things happened during this time, some very sad, some good, and some ruined my career and reputation for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping me become consul again. We had a great time being political partners.

    "Marcus Licinius Crassus." The Roman Empire, http://www.roman-empire.net/republic/crassus.html, 2 May 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you and Caesar are friends, because Caesar and I have had a great relationship, along with some problems of peoploe thinking things that aren't true. Thanks for being Caesar's real friend.

    No author. “Life.” Servilia Caeponis, http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Servilia_Caepionis. 29 April 2011.

    ReplyDelete